ART - MY PERSONAL EXPRESSIONS

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sketch Sketchy Sketching

Day two...and I have actually done three sketches!!! I tried to upload them but they were too light to see very well. One was a small glass jar of water, which was interesting because of the way light affects the water and the shadows created by reflections. I thought the result was respectable. Another sketch was of my daughter and her husband...the result was good if you just wanted to see a couple but it definitely did not look like my daughter and her husband. I was happy with the image's emotion and general look. I just need to work on technique and making sure the details are exact so that the likeness is accurate. The one I did tonight is of three tomatoes on a plate. Again, the shading was a challenge but I think the finished sketch was pretty good. I have a lot to learn but I am realizing that I need to stop "playing" at art and actually "work" at it! I am up for the challenge.

No comments: